Terms and Conditions
Fresh Descents Terms and Conditions
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Refunds on cancellation of booked and confirmed tours/clinics are as follows:
1. When a tour/clinic is cancelled by the Fresh Descents, a full refund will be given less bank charges.
2. When a tour/clinic is cancelled by guests, an administration fee and cancellation fee will apply. Administration Fee. An administration fee of $50 will be deducted from the amount of any refund payable under 2 above
Cancellation Fees. These are listed below:
1. Cancellation 14 days prior to the commencement date of the tour/clinic – 80% refund less administration fee.
2. Cancellation up to 7 days prior to the commencement of the tour/clinic – 60% refund less administration fee.
3. Cancellation within 7 days of the commencement of the tour/clinic, or during the period of the tour/clinic – no refund will be given.
Payment in full is required 21 days in advance of tour/clinic commencement date to confirm your booking
Payment can be made through Internet Banking as follows - BNZ Klarwill & Rye Ltd 02-0888-0115459-000
Or through Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresh Descents/Chill Pass Agreement
Fresh Descents is under an aggrement with Chill Pass to assign a pass to the individual Pass Holder only and completely non-transferable, all Terms and Conditions apply. Agreement is made upon Fresh Descents receiving payment for your tour
A scanned or photocopied copy of your PASSPORT with be required before being issued, in the event of a dispute of the pass. This will be kept confidentially
Licence to Chill 2015 Terms and Conditions
2015 Chill Passes will be valid for the applicant’s personal use from the date of issue until 27th October 2015 on days when lifts are operating, at 13 Ski Areas.
Chill 13 Ski Areas include: Awakino, Broken River, Craigieburn Valley, Fox Peak, Hanmer Springs, Mt. Cheeseman, Mt Dobson, Mt Lyford, Mt Olympus, Porters, Rainbow, Roundhill, Temple Basin.
Herein, ‘the ski areas‘.
- Each ski area reserves the right to set its own terms and conditions relating to the use of its ski area and facilities.
- Each ski area is free to determine the types of facilities operated by it and the dates and times at which those facilities will operate and be available for use by Chill Pass holders. Chill Pass holders can contact CHILL for further information.
- The Chill Pass is non-transferable and is valid for the use of the applicant only.
- The Chill Pass holder is responsible for any unauthorized use of the Chill Pass, unless the Chill Pass has been reported lost or stolen. Replacement passes are $30. - Misconduct may result in the revocation of the Chill Pass with no refund. Any decision will be at the sole discretion of Chill in association with the relevant ski area. Misconduct includes reckless skiing or snowboarding, failure to obey all signs, closures and policies of the ski areas, failure to obey the skiers and snowboarder’s responsibility code, or breach of any other term or condition expressed or implied relating to the use of the ski areas. - Conditions of use as appear on individual ski area day tickets are fully applicable. - You need your Chill Pass to track-in and receive your day ticket. Day tickets are available upon presentation of the Chill Pass and signing a tracking form at the relevant ski area's ticket office. A current day pass must be displayed in order to access the ski area lifts. Please keep your Chill Pass with you at all times and present upon request. - CHILL in association with the ski areas may alter the terms and conditions applying to the Chill Pass at any time without notice. - The Chill Pass remains the property of CHILL at all times.
In the event of a day cancellation due to available skifield closure during a tour, alternative attractions will be offered and the Fresh Descents/Chill Pass will be credited 1 day, which may be used by the appointed Pass Holder at a later date
If the weather is unlikely to change within 3 days an alternative date will be set to recommence the tour
For Snow Chaser Tour travel, each passenger is entitled to take one case, the sum of its length not to exceed 160 cm (63 inches), weight limit 20 kilos along with a small day pack. Airlines permit only one cabin bag per person, in which personal items such as cameras, make-up etc. should be carried, though you need to check with your airline provider as to their specific requirements. Over-limit luggage cannot be carried. Fresh Descents operates in a similar way and asks if you have over the above limit to please get in touch before your tour. Baggage is at 'owner's risk'. Most airports, hotels & hostels offer storage services for additional luggage.
Fresh Descents offer snow tours/clinics that are designed for travellers aged between 18 to 65. In practice, this means that travellers under the age of 18 or over the age of 65 cannot travel without prior agreement by our operational staff. Please get in contact if you are outside of this age bracket to discuss.
Cancelation due to 'On tour' Injury
In the event of a injury incured whilst on a tour, a current medical certificate from a New Zealand General Practioner (Doctor) must be produced, a refund will be given of $160 per day of remaining tour, minus a administration fee of $50. If you are injured whilst in New Zealand, ACC may be able to help with the cost of the treatment and support you need whilst you're here. However, it is important to be aware that you cannot sue for personal injury - ACC replaces that right. Furthermore, ACC only covers treatment and rehabilitation costs whilst in New Zealand; it is not a replacement for travel insurance and does not cover illness, disrupted travel plans or emergency travel to get you back home.
Do you suffer from any medical conditions or pre-exsisting injuries that may arise or affect you within the length of your tour or clinic
Yes (please explain below)
Make sure that your guide is made aware of any medical conditions or pre-exsisting injuries
Waiver of Liability
Fresh Descents requires every person who participates in one of the company's trips to accept a Waiver of Liability. If you do not fully understand the contents of this waiver, then you are welcome to seek assistance from your lawyer or other professional.
Release from liability and waiver of all claims
WARNING: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured. New Zealand's Accident Compensation scheme provides limited assistance for injury. Visitors to New Zealand are strongly recommended to have full insurance covering injury, illness and cancellation.
By accepting this waiver, you hereby acknowledge that in participating on a trip run by Klarwill & Rye Ltd trading as Fresh Descents (hereafter Fresh Descents), there are inherent dangers and risks, and that while Fresh Descents will use a high degree of skill in ensuring the safety and welfare of participants, it will not accept liability for loss, injury or damage sustained by a participant or his/her dependents in circumstances where such an event could not have been avoided by the exercise of reasonable care. While the staff and management of Fresh Descents will take all practicable steps to identify and minimize potential dangers, I acknowledge that I must follow the instructions of the guide and use the safety equipment, when instructed at all times. If I am responsible for a person under the age of 18, I must ensure that the underage person follows the Guides' instructions at all times. I release and indemnify Fresh Descents and staff against any liability they incur to anyone else, resulting from my failure to follow Fresh Descents instructions or the failure of any underage person accompanying me to follow the Guides' instructions.
Whilst Fresh Descents will take all reasonable steps to provide an enjoyable tour, it accepts no liability for any loss of enjoyment experienced by passengers due to circumstances beyond its control. Fresh Descents further accepts no liability for any loss beyond its reasonable control and provides no warranties in addition to those set out under the The Fair Trading Act 1986, and nothing herein restricts any passenger from exercising their rights and remedies pursuant to law.
Fresh Descents reserves the right to withdraw any person who in their opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. This exclusion includes the overuse of alcohol and/or recreational drugs. I also recognise that Fresh Descents reserves the right to cancel, modify, or curtail any trip, if my safety or that of any other person becomes a concern.
I am aware that mountain skills, snowkiting and participation in an alpine recreational tour may have extreme dangers and risks, some of which include:
- Mountain Terrain - mountainous areas with steep slopes in their natural state have many obstacles and extreme hazards, may not have been climbed or skied before, are not regularly patrolled or examined and where climbers or skiers may become lost or separated from the Guide or the Guiding Staff or other climbers or skiers and where communication is difficult and rescue and medical treatment may not be available.
- Avalanches - which may frequently occur in mountainous terrain ~ for mountain skills, snowkiting, splitboarding and may be caused by natural forces including steepness of the slopes, snow depth, instability of the snow pack or glaciers, by changing weather conditions or by climbers or skiers, helicopter or failure for any reason of the Guide or the Guiding Staff to predict when or where avalanches may or may not occur.
- Weather - (including wind strength/speed, gusts and wind direction changes) weather conditions may be extreme and change rapidly without warning, failure for any reason of the Guide or the Guiding Staff to predict when or where wind gusts may or may not occur.
- Vehicles (including snow mobile), Chairlifts, T-Bars and Rope Tows - additional risks are posed by road travel and by lift assisted access in mountainous areas and in variable weather conditions.
- Conduct of the Guide - the conduct of the Guide and/or the Guiding Staff and the conduct of other climbers or skiers.
I willingly accept all the risks of alpine recreational tours including without limitation the risks described above and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from for any reason. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of alpine recreational tours is derived in part from climbing or skiing on steep slopes in mountainous terrain and that the inherent risk of alpine recreational tours contribute to such enjoyment and excitement.
I accept that all Fresh Descents liability for loss of or damage to my property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies a customer has under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or any other New Zealand law.
By accepting this waiver, I confirm that I am of the Age of Majority and that I have read and understood this Agreement and agree that this Agreement will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors. If under 18 years, parent or legal guardian must accept this waiver.
I certify that the information I have provided on my enrolment form regarding Medical Condition/s or other information is correct.